double touch

• JooLandry
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #1394 by JooLandry
double touch was created by JooLandry
Hi, I was answering the advance test and I really don't understand a question that I had wrong and was wandering if you could explain it to me?
thank you

If the thrower releases the disc and then taps it to a teammate before anyone else touches it, this is a turnover.

isn't did a double touch? he releases it and than taps the dics..how can't it be not a double touch? is it because he didn't have possesion?

Thank you

Julie Landry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1395 by BenjiH
Replied by BenjiH on topic double touch
Yep - the double touch rule now refers to catching the disc.

13.2.5. in attempting a pass, the thrower catches the disc after release prior to the disc being
contacted by another player (a “double touch”);

The other rule that comes close to describing this situation is:

18.2.5.6. a player purposefully bobbles, fumbles or delays the disc to themselves in order to
move in any direction

but this also doesn't make it a turnover because a) this rule only describes travels, not turnovers, and b) they are not tapping it to themselves anyway.

The name 'double touch' is now a misnomer - there was a time under previous rules that touching your own pass was a turnover, but now only catching it is.

More
1 year 2 months ago #1407 by Pek538
Replied by Pek538 on topic double touch
Fyi
I read few europeans rules and there has been used both catch and touch! This may explain missunderstandings.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds