• malefix
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1231 by malefix
Hi,
From this video

(2017 WFDF Ultimate Rules Update with Rueben Berg)
I understand that if the disc is out of bound, there is not time limit, but in the appendix I read:

A5.8.2.3. If the disc is out-of-bounds, after twenty (20) seconds elapse, a defensive
player within three (3) meters of the spot the disc is to be put into play
may announce “disc in”, and then initiate and continue the stall count
without acknowledgment by the opposing team, but only if a defensive
player has given audible warnings of twenty (20), ten (10), and five (5)
seconds.

Please help me cause i'm a bit confused.
thanks
enrico
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by malefix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #1233 by rueben
The time limits for a turnover have been in place in the Appendix since 2015.
That included time limits for turnovers on the central zone, end zone, and out-of-bounds.
However the Appendix usually only applies for official WFDF events, like Worlds.

The changes for 2017 apply to ALL games of Ultimate that are not played using the Appendix. For those games, the time limits only apply to the central zone and end zone.

Hope that helps.

• Fery Vanhemelryck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1544 by Fery Vanhemelryck
Could we combine rule 8.5.1 and 8.5.2. in a next edition. I find it a bit confusing that 8.5.2. is the main new rule, but is mentioned second after having to go at walking pace.

I propose to put the old 8.5.1. behind the current 8.5.2.

Current rules:
After a turnover, and after the pull, the team that has gained possession of the disc must continue play without delay.
8.5.1. An offensive player must move at walking pace or faster to directly retrieve the disc and establish a pivot.
8.5.2. In addition to 8.5.1, after a turnover the offence must put the disc into play within the following time limits, if the disc did not become out-of-bounds, and the discs location is:
8.5.2.1. in the central zone – within ten (10) seconds of the disc coming to rest.
8.5.2.2. in an end zone - within twenty (20) seconds of the disc coming to rest.

My suggestion:
8.5. After a turnover, and after the pull, the team that has gained possession of the disc must continue play without delay.
8.5.1. The offence must put the disc into play within the following time limits, if the disc did not become out-of-bounds, and the discs location is:
8.5.1.1. in the central zone – within ten (10) seconds of the disc coming to rest.
8.5.1.2. in an end zone - within twenty (20) seconds of the disc coming to rest.
8.5.2 If the disc went out of bounds an offensive player must move at walking pace or faster to directly retrieve the disc and establish a pivot.

Or maybe we should also introduce the time limits for a disc that went out of bounds in the general rules.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1545 by rueben
I'm not sure I understand.

Players must still move at walking pace or faster to directly retrieve the disc and establish a pivot, even if the disc is in the central zone.
So if you are right next to the disc, you can't wait the full 10 seconds - you have to pick it up and start play.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds