New mixed ratio rule - why?

• romero
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago #1205 by romero
New mixed ratio rule - why? was created by romero
Hello. 2017 Appendix to rules A7 sets new order to determine gender ratio in mixed division. Could you please explain, what's the point? Is the new system more fair or what?

Previously, gender ratio was used as part of tactics by teams. Before the point offensive team (what is important, the team that had lost previous point) considered matchup for own and opposite team players and decided, whether it better to play with four or three males or females. And that worked. Strong girls on offence could positively affect the game. Their role actually could be crucial and decisive. That happened often. That was really inetersting part about mixed.

What about new rules? What do they give to the game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #1210 by rueben
Replied by rueben on topic New mixed ratio rule - why?
The purpose of the prescribed rule, where teams don't have a choice, is for high level mixed games, such as World Games, to ensure equal playing opportunities for male and female players.

The purpose of the end zone decides rule is to provide more variety on when a team can select the ratio, to allow for more diversity of strategies (the team on defence can now select the ratio). It also removes a disadvantage for teams that are leading, and increases the potential for more points to be played with 4 women.

• romero
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago #1212 by romero
Replied by romero on topic New mixed ratio rule - why?
Thank you for the answer.

World games - ok, it's for 1℅ of cases. If its only for high level. Otherwise it will create turmoil - players don't need to do math on the field what point is it now and who's turn. There's lots of stuff to think about both when ones play at high and low levels.

Option B. Disagree. No need to remove disadvantages like this for leading team, just like no need to adjust field direction if one team has headwind. In my opinion, it is not necessary complication. And I am not sure it could be compensated by tactics diversity because it is artificial obstacle.

I don't know could it be revisioned in future, but I am not happy about the change.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds