Rules of Ultimate governed by the World Flying Disc Federation

Change stall-out call to "out", drop "10"

• Robse
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #536 by Robse
Recently we changed the stalling rule by dropping the second in between "stalling" and "One". I like that change, because it was a constant matter of debate.

In my experience there is another matter which constantly leads to debates. It is the stall-out-call. Right now the marker has to say "ten" and then call the "stall-out". So there is a gap in between the stall-out and the stall-out call. In my experience this is why a lot of times the thrower will react to the "stall-out"-call, which is slightly later then "Ten" or the "T" of the "Ten". This is human nature and unfortunately often leads to discussions, whether the disc has already left the hand or not.

To me this is a problem within the rules, which can be overcome easily.

SUGGESTION
My suggestion is, that we drop the "Ten" altogether and directly call "Out". This way there will be no gap in between the stall-out and the stall-out call.

"Seven" - "Eight" - "Nine" - "Out"
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Robse. Reason: Typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fery Vanhemelryck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #537 by Flo
This will not work. We need to keep the counting separate from the call. How often do you say "ten" and then decide that the throw got out before or it was just too close to confidently call a stall out? In my experience very often. All of these situations would lead to a stoppage and a retracted call with your suggestion...

Flo.

• Robse
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #538 by Robse
Replied by Robse on topic Change stall-out call to "out", drop "10"
Hi Flo,

interesting. I never saw it from that perspective. I think you might be right there.

Thanks, Robse

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds