Travel

• romancaraballo
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1817 by romancaraballo
Travel was created by romancaraballo
Hello,

Question about travel.

If I'm using my left foot as pivot (I have faked a pass already)... Can I re-place my right foot where my left foot was (Same spot, just different foot) and use now my right foot as the new pivot?

Thanks!
Roman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #1819 by rueben
Replied by rueben on topic Travel
You must keep the established pivot until the throw is released.
If you do not do that, it is a travel.
However after a travel, you must establish a pivot at the correct spot, but it could be a different foot that you use.
But it is against SOTG to intentionally break the rules.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1824 by XofMdS
Replied by XofMdS on topic Travel
By the 2021-2024 rules, does someone maintaining speed and still running in the same direction BUT pivoting one's torso (thus kind of "changing direction") commits a "travel"?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1825 by rueben
Replied by rueben on topic Travel

maintaining speed and still running in the same direction BUT pivoting one's torso

So by this assume you mean they were looking in one direction when they caught the disc, but then turn their body to look in a different direction?

We have a new annotation that describes what we mean by "change direction":

A player is deemed to be changing direction after catching the disc if there is sideways movement of their centre of mass before a pivot is established, or their pivot point is not established where their foot would naturally have stopped based on their previous motion.

So if they can manage to change which way they are looking, but still comply with the above annotation, then it would not be a travel.
But I find it hard to imagine a way that they could do this.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds