Rules of Ultimate governed by the World Flying Disc Federation

Which players can offer best perspective on a call?

• Joshpmurphy@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #1488 by Joshpmurphy@gmail.com
Which players can offer best perspective on a call? was created by Joshpmurphy@gmail.com
This rule "1.10. Rules should be interpreted by the players directly involved in the play, or by players who had the best perspective on the play."

This to me suggests, that as a player, I don't need to be involved directly in the play, if I have best perspective on the play, to offer my perspective.

The scenario I offer is when 2 players were involved in a discussion after a hard foul and I wanted to support my teammate who had lost her cool a bit - and the person delivering the foul, I felt was trying to argue that they were making a play on the disc - as justification for the contact.

Anyway... thanks for all the resources here.

I imagine forms of this one come up - but I couldn't find or search for this scenario.

And broadly, who can offer their perspective?

Again, I was about 1-2 meters from the foul.
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Joshpmurphy@gmail.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #1489 by rueben
Yes, you are able to provide your perspective, but only the fouled player can call foul, and only the player involved can contest the call.

• Joshpmurphy@gmail.com
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #1491 by Joshpmurphy@gmail.com
Replied by Joshpmurphy@gmail.com on topic Which players can offer best perspective on a call?
Thanks Rueben. From our community we are encouraging those directly involved in the play to consider/engage the viewpoints of teammates and opponents.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds